San Mateo Superior Court provides interpreters and other language services to people with limited English ability, so they can understand and participate in the court process. The court assigns qualified court interpreters – at no cost - for all mandated case types:
- Juvenile Justice
- Juvenile Dependency
- Unlawful Detainer (evictions)
- Child Support cases handled by the Department of Child Support Services (Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. calendar & Thursday, 2:00 p.m. calendar)
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders - (Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. calendar & Friday 9:00 a.m.)
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
- Elder or Dependent Adult Restraining Orders (involving physical abuse or neglect)
- Mental Health Conservatorship (LPS)
OTHER CASE TYPES
San Mateo Court is committed to providing language access to all parties. However, for all othercivil or family law case types, interpreter services are subject to availability.
Please note: Court interpreters cannot help you fill out or file your court forms and they cannot answer legal questions.
To request an interpreter tell the filing clerk or click here.