Updated March 30, 2022
San Mateo County Superior Court Reopens Civil Ex Parte Calendars on April 4, 2022
Effective Monday, April 4, 2022, civil ex parte calendars will reopen. The emergency local rule temporarily suspending civil ex parte calendars has been vacated. Parties are required to comply with Local Rule 3.500, including that ex parte applicants and opponents must appear in person, subject to the exceptions set forth in CRC Rule 3.1207. Ex parte applications in Unlawful Detainer cases must be brought before the assigned civil judge, not the Presiding Judge. Each civil judge conducts ex partes in their assigned civil cases at 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. two days per week; please check the Court's website under the Civil Division for the ex parte days of the week for your assigned judge. The Presiding Judge and the Probate Judge will continue to have their own separate ex parte days and hours.
Civil CMC Packet
Please refer to the documents and resources below as referenced in your Notice of Case Management Conference.
- CMC-110 Case Management Statement
- Appropriate Dispute Resolution Information Sheet
- Stipulation to ADR and Proposed Order Form and Instructions
- San Mateo Court Local Rules (Refer to Section 2.3 Caseflow Management)
Civil Drop Box for after hours filing at the Hall of Justice
There is a drop box for after hours civil filings located outside of the Clerk's Office Room A on the first floor of the Hall of Justice.
- Documents placed in the drop box before 4:00 p.m. will be deemed filed the same court business day.
- Documents placed in the drop box after 4:00 p.m. will be deemed filed the next court business day.
- If problems are encountered (incorrect fees, not timely, etc.), we will make every effort to contact you before your documents are returned.
- The drop box is checked and all items are removed at 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. each court business day.
Civil ADR Program
Appropriate Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a way of solving legal problems without going to trial. Visit our Civil ADR Program for more information.
NOTE: The Clerk's Office will continue to accept and process Emergency Ex Parte, Domestic Violence and all Temporary Restraining Order Petitions, and Civil Ex Partes.
Hall of Justice
400 County Center, 1st Floor, Room A
Redwood City, CA 94063 [Directions]
Phone Number and Phone Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Email: If you have questions specific to your case, you may click here to email the clerk's office.