Documents Required When Filing the Petitions Below:
Initial Decedent's Estate
- Petition for Probate
- Notice of Petition to Administer Estate
- If there is a Will, the Original must be Lodged with the Court prior to the hearing date.
Please submit the Order for Probate and copies at least 7 days prior to the hearing date, along with a self-stamped addressed envelope if you want a copy of your Order sent to you.
In order to comply with Probate Sections you must publish with in 30 days of the file date as outlined on Form PR-13.
Prior to Issuance of Letters
The following forms are required prior to the issuance of Letters:
- Duties and Liabilities of Personal Representative
- Confidential Statement of Birth Date & Driver's License Number
- Request for Appointment of California Probate Referee (local form PR-5)
- Bond (if specified on the Order)
- Order for Probate
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the general Probate number at (650) 261-5100.