e-Filing Confidential and/or Sealed Documents for Civil-Unlimited Use
How do I e-file documents that are being "Lodged Conditionally Under Seal?"
- When e-filing documents select filing code "Documents Lodged Conditionally under seal."
- On the cover page of the each document, you must indicate "Documents Lodged Conditionally under Seal."
How do I e-file documents that are being "Filed under Seal?"
- First, you must obtain a court order before filing documents under seal.
- Once the court order is obtained, then e-file the documents by selecting the filing code "By Order of the Court Document Filed under Seal."
- On the cover page of all the documents you must indicate "Filed under Seal" Order date: _____.
If you are filing the following documents that are considered confidential, please select a filing code/type listed below when e-filing to ensure that it remains confidential.
- Appendix of Non-California Cases
- Confidential Documents Submitted Re: Name/Gender Change
- Compendium of Authorities in Support of
- Compendium of Appendix of Non-California Cases
- Compendium of Case Laws
- Report from Department of Justice Received
- Civil Sheet for Confidential Information
- Confidential Statement of Judgment Debtor's Social Security
- Documents Filed as Confidential Per Protective Order
- Financial Statement (Claim of Exemption)
- Request to Waive Court Fees
- Request to Waive Additional Court Fees
- Settlement Conference Statement
- Name/Gender Change ID/DL/Social Security Cards
- Notice to Court of Improved Financial Situation/Settlement
- Order on Request for Release of Minor's Confidential Information
- Request for Accommodations by Persons with Disabilities and Response
- Request for Hearing About Court Fee Waiver Order
- Response to Request for Release of Minor's Confidential
- Statement of Decision (confidential)